Pages

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Here ya go Ladies

4 jobs I have had in my life
- Neighborhood lawnmower
- Newspaper delivery girl
- Chili’s Hostess
- Nanny, Preschool teacher and Substitute teacher

4 movies I could watch over and over
- Pride and Prejudice
- Sound of Music
- Grease (My sister and I used to watch it over and over and over. I actually haven’t seen it in a really long time)
- A Muppet Christmas Carol (thanks to Evelyn who watches it over and over and over and over)

4 places I have lived
- Seattle, WA
- Rexburg, ID
- Andalusia, Spain
- Salem, OR

4 guilty pleasures
-Reading while Ben is taking care of the girls and I get to be oblivious to the world like he often is while he is reading
- Blue Bunny Birthday Cake Ice Cream with blue ribbon frosting and confetti candy pieces
- Reese’s peanut butter cups
- Oprah’s 20th Anniversary DVD series

4 Places I have vacationed
-Whistler, Canada
- Tijuana, Mexico
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Cairns, Sydney, Melbourne and Geelong Australia

4 of my favorite foods
-Ben’s cooking (even though he always adds mushrooms)
- FRUIT
- Beans and Corn
- POTATOES

4 places I would rather be right now
- San Juan Islands, Washington
- Somewhere in China speaking Chinese to some cute little Chinese elderly folk having them tell me their life stories
- Europe, maybe in Finland or England discovering my ancestry (speaking fluent Finnish of course), visiting my friend Sunny in Geneva, the Madrid Temple, Southern Spain visiting mi gente, or seeing Greece and painting landscape pictures in a little seaside village.
- A great big huge old wonderful library or bookstore with wonderful beautiful music playing without my children for some of the time so I can read, and with my children for the rest of the time so I can read to them.

4 books I love
-Wild Swans, Jung Chang
-Biographies
-Night, Elie Wiesel
- I Have Lived a Thousand Years

4 things I would love to know how to do
- Be able to produce professional-quality paintings
- to communicate with anyone I wanted to in their own language, including babies
- sew
- play the piano better, be able to sing beautifully and play the guitar all at the same time, play the violin

4 things I worry about
- That a big tall tractor will come barreling through our daughters’ room and smoosh them
- Smelling bad
- Calamities and natural disasters
- plane, train and car accidents

4 of my happiest moments
-When I was hired as a librarian at BYU-Idaho
-The day before our wedding (it sounds bad, but Ben would understand, it was a good day)
-Sweet little short moments together as a family dancing, or being outside, or laughing together
-Being baptized as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

4 things I want to do in the future
-Write a book
- Find out about my ancestors and more about my immediate family
- Go to beautiful places with our little family
-Be able to anonymously leave thousands of dollars every month to neighbors, friends, and family, who I know could really use it.

Okay, let's here from some of the guys now!

1 comment:

Jen and Bryan said...

Jess, I don't know where to start... how about with vacationing in Tijuana, Mexico... how'd that work out for you? :) I think I am the only one in the family that isn't completely in love with Pride and Prejudice... I mean, I really like it but...
I also never knew you loved languages so much. Wouldn't it be great to be able to understand youe kids from birth?
I loved the blog!