Pages

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Welcome to the Blogosphere!

I decided that it was time for our family to move into the 21st Century. After all, Wyeth headquarters has finally graduated from dial-up internet, Dad has a PDA and knows how to use email, 12 of the 16 people in our little clan carry a cell phone (sorry kids), and, most importantly, Brad has an iPod (if that doesn’t make us hip techies, I don’t know what does).

To speed up the Wyeth techno-revolution, I thought we’d add blogging to the mix.

Now Mom, before you get to worried, blogging is not a drug, a crazy hairdo, inappropriate dancing, or the nickname of the football player who wants to date Nellie.

A blog is a place where you can post messages, pictures, links, etc…. for the family.

For those of you still floating in the tepid backwaters of technology, ‘blogging’ is the verb of ‘blog’ which is short for ‘Web log’ which is short for ‘a cool way for people to stay in touch on the internet.’

I thought it would be fun to try out, which is a long way to say ‘I hope that everybody uses this,’ which is the long way to say, ‘don’t be a dork, use this blog.’

Here goes nothing!

5 comments:

Ben said...

If you want to add something, click on the "comments" link under the blog.

Jen and Bryan said...

good idea ben. looks like fun.

Jen and Bryan said...

When Nellie finds a footballer for a boyfriend can we call him Blog? Just wondering. I also think this is a GREAT idea because, Mom, if Bradley goes state-side, he can still comment and see what'd going on at home. I think Italy even has the internet! ;) Plus, this is just another place we can plaster pictures of our ADORABLE children, right?

Natalie said...

Okay guys, it has taken me awhile to get the hang of this but I think I got it. Congratulations Ben! I hear Cedar City is awesome! (Actually, I haven't heard that but, I'm sure it is.) I hope everyone is having a great day! See ya.

Jen and Bryan said...

I heard Cedar City is a hole, but at least it's a hole that is a lot closer to us! :)