Pages

Thursday, May 25, 2006

IDOL RUNNER-UP FALLS FOR HIGH SCHOOL GRAD


Katherine Mcphee, American Idol runner-up, feels no remorse over losing the competition last night to rival Taylor Hicks. "Now I've got more time to devote to my new favorite hobby (or should I say my new future hubby)," Mcphee said, referring to her new relationship with up and coming drummer, Brad Wyeth.

When asked how he felt about the couple’s four-year age difference, Brad said, "It doesn't really bother me. All the guys in my family married girls that were older than they were, I guess I'm just following suit."

And following suit is exactly what Katherine intends to do. "Not only are all the female in-laws older than their husbands," she said, "but their names begin with the letter J and they are both elementary school teachers."

Mcphee, who falls short in both of those categories, plans on rectifying the situation as soon as possible. "I am officially changing my legal name to Juniper Katherine and I am going back to school to get my teaching degree," Mcphee said.

McPhee, who wooed audiences with her soulful singing and girl-next-door charms, says she is grateful for her experience on American Idol, but feels that it was only preparatory for what lies ahead.

"I can see how my experience on Idol has prepared me to become a part of the Wyeth family," she said. "It got me used to large crowds of people, silly nicknames, but most importantly, it led me to Brad."

The couple, who met at a rodeo event earlier this year, haven't made any formal announcements about their future. "Anything matrimonial in nature is at least two years away," McPhee said.

With a relationship that is bound to rival such recent pairings like 'Brangelina' (Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie) and 'TomKat' (Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes), Brad Wyeth and Katherine McPhee have decided to dub theirs 'Mcphadley.'

Live from Hollywood, this is Bain Whyesh, signing off.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

You are hilarious! Love you!

Natalie said...

That is really funny! I sure hope Brad has signed up for the Blogg so that he can see this.

Mom W/Grammie said...

This made me laugh so hard...I really needed a good laugh so thanks. All the graduation activities of this day has left me a little melancholy. We have been 8th grade graduating and cookies, partying with all the best guy friends here for breakfast after their grad practice, the bands last practice with cinammon rolls, taking pictures of Naomi coming down the hall getting high fives from all the underclassman as seh and the other sixth graders walked the halls at Burk for the last time as students, the last time to fix food and help do the luncheon at Burk, thanking the many teacher that have had a positive influence there at the elementary on 7 of my 8 kids, helping Nellie do a vege platter and dip for her swimming party so she doesn't feel too left out being the only one not graduating today,watching the construction crew pouring the concrete footers for grandmas place.........and then a 2:00 p.m. every one went to their activities for the afternoon and its stone quiet...so I am here with a dirty kitchen from the cinnamon rolls, pasta salad, carmelitas, breakfast burritos, and cut up veges and dip...realizing that all to soon the stone quiet will be permanent and I am glad I for the chaos, the hectic schedules, the dirty kitchen and my tired feet.
Pres. Lewis emailed to say Brads mission papers went in to SLC website at 11:22 this morning!

I know this is just the comment part.....and I wrote something here...I couldn't remember how to get into the other place....so give me a break...I LOVE YOU ALL!

Jessica said...

No worries Grammie, comments are just as good as blogs! I'm so impressed at your high-tech-i-ness!!
Love ya!