Pages

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Is that a Tumor?

Well, the truth is out. No amount of sucking in or camouflaging myself in vertical striped clothing can stop the world from knowing my secret: I need to lose weight.

Now before I go any farther, let me state categorically that this is not about how much I weigh. This is about me being unhealthy and having a gut that puts me at greater risk for things like diabetes, heart disease, and various forms of cancer.

I have tried to become healthier on my own several times and each time I failed miserably. I believe that I failed because there was not a system of accountability in place.

Teachers send home report cards so that parents can track the academic success or failure of their child and then provide the appropriate motivation and encouragement to improve their performance.

In like manner, I have created a blog called “Is that a Tumor” that will act as my “health report card” to you. It will track my progress at losing weight and becoming healthier.

Now, the only way that this will be successful is if you all visit the blog and post comments. I have added a link to the blog on the right hand side of the screen called “Is that a Tumor.” If you click on the link, it will take you directly to the new blog. I hope you all get a few laughs out of it. Thanks!
-Ben

5 comments:

Jonicolathan said...

I think this is a great idea Ben. I need to do something like that because lets face it, I'm not a 110 pound girl anymore, believe me you do not want to see what is hiding underneath the cloths. Anyway, You are a great example. I would like to "work out with you" Although I don't think I'll be posting any pictures of my self!! Good luck ben!!

Jen and Bryan said...

hey ben. where did the link go? it was there yesterday, and now it is gone. i'm confused.

Jen and Bryan said...

found it!

Natalie said...

I can't find it. Help.

Ben said...

it's on the right hand side of the screen under the section called "links" (right beneath the part that lists all of our names). Brace yourself, it isn't pretty!