Pages

Friday, July 14, 2006

Home alone

My dear children,

I am here all alone this morning and decided to check my email and the blog....I wish I had something incredibly interesting to say....I don't...just a lot of reflecting....these last few days have been eye opening to me.

Yesterday, Nellie left for EFY, Brad went to work and I went to the temple with Dad. The day sped by and Bryan and Jen came by with "Mr. Cute as a button", they even stayed for dinner. I had forced Brad to make dinner to see if he could survive on at least meal for his mission....he made biscuits and gravy with a tiny little bit of help from me...and it was good food. But soon Bry and Jen needed to get home and left with my fun entertainment (Carter), Brads friends called so the movie he was watching turned off and he was gone too, and Dad and I were left alone. No one to pick up or check on or help or encourage to do the dishes....it was 7:30.

Dad had to go to the hardware store and asked if I wanted to go....not really.....there was a list a mile long that could have been done and that needed to be done with Relief Society, cleaning, laundry, even the long list of projects I have wanted to do for the last 26 years. But I just sat on the Love Sac in a blanket....... thinking, remembering, realizing.

I realized that so much of what I enjoy doing the very most and who I am is so wrapped up in you my children. Each of you are what I enjoy the most. Each of you....are parts of what makes me feel whole. I love being with you....I love hearing how you are...talking to you...what I can do for you. Being your mother is truly where I find my happiest moments.

Now I can only imagine what you are thinking..Mom is obsessed, she needs to move on. Let me assure you that I know you are all independent, wonderful people....some of you have grown into some of the very finest adults I know, despite me. I know that children grow up and go on missions, and/or get married and begin such incredible chapters in their own lives. And that is as it should be. I am truly happy for that, but there are times I still miss having right here....I shall always look back at that time when you were all home with great fondness and amazement that we all lived through it all. I also know that it is not all over yet, that the "three little girls" are still home with us for a short time...thank goodness. That my "mothering of children at home" chapter is not over yet. But, I do know that it speeding to an end. And the chapter of "loving of children grown and gone...the 'other' mother of extraordinary people joining our family through marriage...and grandmothering of the most beautiful and wonderful of little second generation Wyeths" has begun. I want to do it well, I want this chapter to be as sweet and wonderful and as full of happy memories as the past chapter. It is a learning process, a growing experience, I am learning alot about myself. Be patient with me.

Thank you for being who you are...you are each so remarkable.

Lots of love,
Mom

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Mom, your so awesome. Thanks for that blogg and letting us know how much we each mean to you.

Jonicolathan said...

Really Mom, You do realize that we (your children)are who we are today because of you and dad!! You guys are the best and I love you both tons!!! Thanks for all you've done!! -Nicole-