Pages

Monday, August 20, 2007

Well, what can I say...I miss my little family and I have just started my first week of Law School...I could complain, but I just get a big smile on my face every time I think about being a Dad and our little boy.
Really other than missing Natalie and Blake I am really enjoying getting adjusted to life out here and starting Law School. Arkansas is beautiful and the people here have all been really friendly. The people in our ward are great at welcoming in new people and I really like the feeling at the law school. It really has a family atmosphere to it.
As far as studying goes I have already read about cases from everything from Murder to law suits over fox hunting to family members fighting over a music box (Seriously, some people). I don't enjoy some of the stories behind the cases but I really enjoy learning about the law and how it works.
My first day started off with a bang today...During the orientation we are told about how law school is different from most classes we've had before...instead of the teacher lecturing the whole class on new material, we are supposed to read the material for the class ahead of time and be prepared to answer questions because most of the class will be us, the students, answering questions from the teacher. Well, the teachers randomly call on people so it is kind of nerve racking waiting to see who will get called on and I thought this morning, "I'm sure I won't get called on the first day"...well I'm sure you can guess the rest of the story. I was the very first person called on in the first class this morning...what are the odds.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing great...sorry I don't have any pictures of Arkansas to post but when Natalie gets here with our camera, we will post some.

2 comments:

Jen and Bryan said...

Matt, I can't wait to start sueing people!!! Congrats on starting law school and I can't wait for you to finish so we can have you guys back home. We love and miss you guys. :(

Natalie said...

Hey, I heard that guys that go to law school are major hotties! :) Blake and I miss you and can't wait to see you tonight. I love you!