Pages

Friday, August 04, 2006

Alaska, baby!!







Hello everyone! We just got back from Alaska. (thank heavens because I missed Carter SO SO much!) It was wonderful and I definately think we all need to go there on Dad's bill!! ;) Should we vote? We did all kinds of fun things like ride bikes (with helmets) through a darling little town, canoeing, off-roading, whale watching, and tons of shopping. (too bad we have no money and one of the only 2 things I brought home BROKE in my suitcase!) One of the highlights was going to Canada. We were only there for a few hours but it was awesome to see a little piece of the country that Bradley will be living in for 2 years. It is so amazingly beautiful. I am glad that Bradley will get a chance to live somewhere green so he knows what life is like out of the dessert.
Love you all!! Jen (and Bryan, Carter, and Violet)
oh, about the pictures: 1) A view from a mountain above Juneau. Juneau is completely landlocked. The only way to get there is by plane or boat even though it's not an island. interesting, huh? 2) Glacier Bay. It was so cool to see all the glaciers. They are so pretty. 3) Yes, Bryan is HELPING Ryan get up into the tree... so cute!(Sitka, Alaska) haha. 4) 2 Humpback whales. They weere that close to the SMALL boat we were in. So cool!!!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow! It is so pretty. Way to be of service Bryan and helping your in law up the tree :) I think going to Alaska would be a great trip. I am glad you posted the pictures b/c for some reason I was picturing you guys on a cruise wearing swimsuites and laying out on the deck. Duh! I'm such an air head, hello Alaska, cold country!

Jessica said...

How fun! I vote yes on all of us going there too! Thanks for sharing the photos!