Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Toasted

So i have a question, how do all of you that have recipe blogs or can cook and don't even have to follow a recipe and simply just make something up and have it taste so delicious (ben), how do you do it? Because through all of my cooking experiences i can't figure out how to master cooking. Sadly i can't even master toasting toast, i am not even sure you can call that real cooking too! I love turkey and cheese sandwiches, and Saturday night i wanted one but the only bread we had was in the freezer so i brought it in took to slices of frozen bread put it in the microwave to defrost. Little did i know that while i was blow drying my hair, waiting for the bread to defrost i had set it to auto defrost for 2 HOURS! not 2 minutes..2 HOURS! after blow drying my hair which takes about 10 mins i went to the kitchen to make my yummy sandwich. I was so confused when i saw the smokey kitchen and smelt the awful smell of burnt bread! i ran to the microwave and there in side was my two slices of bread completely burnt! i am pretty sure it caught on fire! i had to remove the whole microwave plate out and break the bread off of the bread off with a knife because it had stuck to the plate. and then when i went to throw it away i wore oven mittens to carry it because of how hot it was! this sad and embarrassing! Anyways the house smelt all night and i was so sad not to have my yummy sandwich! Maybe i should have a blog that shows and tells about all my pathetic attempts at cooking ha ha i could call it "Toasted".

-The pieces of bread were stuck together and it was so hard! I don't think i have seen toast quite this burnt before!


3 comments:

Natalie said...

You are awesome. But, if it makes you feel better as I was reading this I thought to myself that seems like a understandable mistake. Then I thought do I think this because it truly is a understandable mistake or is it because we think similarly and I can see myself doing the same thing, but to other people who think "differently" see this as unbelievable. I don't know. This probably doesn't make sense.

Nicole said...

you're so funny! Don't worry about it though. It really could happen to anyone!

Jessi and Brad said...

Haha that is too funny!! :) I love it!! Everyone burns toast once in a while! Toast is really tricky I think becuase different breads toast differently, and every toaster is different. (I'm still not use to mine.) Just so you know, from my experimenting, (I've messed up a lot defrosting bread) I usually microwave it for 30 seconds? Either on a plate or paper towel. If I do it on a plate I'll take it off once it's doen and put it on a paper towel so the bread doesn't get soggy on the plate. If thirty doesn't do it then I try a few seconds each time cause I hate when the bread comes out super warm it can't even stand. If you're just making a sandwich and like it toasty, I'll usually just throw the bread in the toaster to defrost! That's the best way I've found!! :) Hope that helps, it's really just experimenting!