Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Oh Evelyn, Our Darling Child

If you are wondering about the title, we frequently check out a book at the library called "Harriet, You'll Drive Me Wild!" and so we got the line "Oh Evelyn, our darling child, oh Evelyn, you'll drive us wild!!" She's a crazy girl, but sooo much fun!
Evelyn and her bosom buddy and next door neighbor, Jocelyn. This was right before Church. Evelyn is wearing Jocelyn's dress and vice-versa. Evelyn is about 2 months older than Jocelyn.
Evelyn had so many toys in her bed during naptime that when she finally got tired there was no room for her so she got cozy on the chair.
This was the first time Evelyn asked to ride the merry-go-round thing at the store. Usually she's scared of it, but she loved it this time!
This is one of our all-time favorite moments... Evelyn was in her room for her nap/quiet time. I heard her call through the door "Mommy, can I wear this?" but I didn't answer just because it was quiet time. I had Ben check on her 20 min later and he could hardly open the door because she had fallen asleep in front of it with her snowsuit on! We think she got it on and got so cozy she just fell asleep! Ben moved her to the bed. It was funny!
It turned out fuzzy, but during Hannah's nap, Evelyn got to dress up as a ballerina, hair, makeup and all and danced and danced and danced. We had lots of fun.
Just a few more funny things:
Today we were frosting Ben's father's day cake and I said "Okay Evelyn, we need to put the frosting on the cake now" and she said "No, it needs to go into my tummy instead!"
Today as we were getting ready for church, I could only find one of her black shoes so I said "Black shoe, where are you?" and in a very high-pitched voice Evelyn answered "I don't know where I am!" as if answering for the shoe.
Silly girl! We sure adore her!
Love you all!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Evelyn cracks me up. I'm sure she keeps things fun and interesting.